Pages

jueves, 7 de abril de 2011

In love with RH!

My favourite band ever – and I mean it – is Radiohead. I started listening to their records back in the 90’s and haven’t stopped since then. As opposed to most people, I don’t associate their music to being down or anything like that. There are songs of course that literally hurt but that fact only shows that you are alive and, in my opinion, that is a great feeling and one that most brilliant musicians are able to convey with their music.
By the year 2000, a friend and I had created a sort of community for Chilean fans supported by the recording label EMI. Some years later we didn’t have time to take care of that anymore and we eventually gave up on that idea.
2009 was probably the high point of the whole story since Radiohead finally landed on Chilean soil, I went to the airport and saw them from the distance, then I went to the hotel where they were staying and met Thom Yorke, the lead singer and Ed O’Brien, the guitar player. I talked to them and they signed my records, words can’t express my feelings.
During the following days I attended both their concerts, saw them first row and cried when they played my favourite song “How to disappear”. I know it’s probably one of those songs that make you cry, but whatever… I just love it.
Ps: I took that picture myself, lovely, isn't it???

Now you tell me, what is your favourite band / singer?
You should write about:
when you first heard them how they became your favourite band / singer
what your favorite song is and why

Don't forget to
- Write 120-150 words
- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts

1 comentarios:

Caro Perels! dijo...

I think we must to talk about our favorite tv show... we can make a group about "greys anatomy" lovers (L) ...

XOXO (like paris hilton o gossip girls)

Publicar un comentario